Monday, January 31, 2011

Chili-Lime Pork Tenderloin

This is something I made the a couple of weeks ago that we all enjoyed very much. It is a recipe I modified from the original which is listed in All-You's Eat Well, Save Big recipe book. The original recipe calls for the tenderloin to be baked in the oven, but sometimes meat turn out to dry for me with my picky gastric pouch so I did this in the crock pot to insure tenderness and moistness.

Chili-Lime Pork Tenderloin

1 1/2 pound whole pork tenderloin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp soy sauce
salt and pepper to taste

I salted and peppered all sides of the whole tenderloin and then placed it in the bottom of a crock pot. I then combined all the other ingredients and poured them over the tenderloin, turning the tenderloin to coat all sides. I covered and then cooked on low for 6 hours, until tender. Slice and serve when done. Makes 6 servings.

Per Serving
Calories: 182
Fat: 9 grams
Carbs: 1 gram
Protein: 24 gram

This has a lovely, slightly spicy flavor that will become a family favorite. Enjoy.

Sunshine

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! Where have you been all my post WLS life?! I love these recipes you have posted. I've been bored with eating tuna fish and more tuna fish. This is fantastic. I can't wait to try them out. And WOW you look amazing!! Congratulations on your amazing weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete