Saturday, May 9, 2009

Shelly's Baked Ricotta (My Own Version)

I give full credit for this recipe to Michelle from The World According to Eggface Blog. She is a wonderful cook and comes up with these wonderful recipes for those who have had bariatric surgery. I did tweak this a little though to make it suit me a little better. Shelly uses full fat cheeses and dairy but I like to cut the fat in my own foods a bit. So here is my "tweaked" version. I also doubled it so there would leftovers for a couple of days

15 oz container low fat ricotta cheese
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp italian seasonings
1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
2 slices low fat provolone

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Mix ricotta, parmesan, eggs, and seasonings in a mixing bowl. pour into small baking dish. Pour the marinara over the mixture and then top with provolone. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Makes 4 servings.

Per serving:(about 1/2 cup)
Calories:260
Fat:14
Carbs:13
Protein:24

Thanks, Shelly for the wonderful dish.

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment