Friday, May 8, 2009

Homemade Mashed Potatoes

WARNING: I do not recommend these on a regular basis. I modified this slightly to make it lower in fat. I do these occasionally but I always limit my serving to 1/4 cup or less. I do want to say that potatoes are allowed on my surgeon's plan.

5 medium white potatoes, peeled and diced
1/4 stick light margarine
1/2 cup skim milk
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
salt and pepper to taste

Place diced potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Boil on medium high for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain. Add light maragine and mash potatoes thoroughly with a hand masher. (You can use a hand mixer if you prefer.) Stir in milk. Mix well. Stir in light mayonnaise. Mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Limit to 1/4 cup servings.

Calories:64
Fat:3
Carbs:8
Protein:0

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment