Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Homemade Chili-O Chili

2 pounds 85% lean ground chuck
2 packages French's Chili-O mix
2 large cans crushed tomatoes
2 cans pork and beans, remove pork
2 cans kidney beans
2 cans black beans
dried minced onions to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste

Brown ground chuck over medium heat until no longer pink. You may add the minced onions while doing this to rehydrate the onions. Drain. Add to your pot with the other ingredients.( I like to add the other ingredients to the pot and begin heating them while I brown the meat. This saves a little prep time.) Bring to boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour.

This makes a large pot of chili. A serving is 1/2 cup. Double the stats for 1 cup. This also may be pureed for stage 3.

Calories:101
Fat:3
Carbs:11
Protein:7

I love this with a little lowfat shredded cheese and a tbsp of lowfat sour cream. My family adds corn chips to the mix for homemade Petros. I will add a photo the next time I make a pot.

Karen

Edited to correct nutrients error.

No comments:

Post a Comment